Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Happy New Year!

Well, I left off last time with mid-December so it's about time I added more updates! Every year it seems to me that the Christmas season flies by faster and faster! I was happy to have the ornament exchange/ladies lunch in December...I've always wanted to have a Christmas party like that with my friends and while I did enjoy it I'd like to have another one next year and really do some party planning! I felt like I basically threw that party together last minute without being able to have a lot of time to put into all the details that I love so much when I'm hosting a party.

The same day as the ornament exchange/ladies lunch Ryan and I had a wedding to go to that evening of two of our friends who were getting married. Here we are at the wedding:











The evening that we went to see the Christmas lights it was funny that as we were walking around looking at lights Ensley was more interested in looking at the leaves on the trees!:-)





















We had a wonderful Christmas! We went to the Christmas Eve candlelight service. It was a beautiful service and Ensley was absolutely perfect - she hardly made a peep! After church we went to Ryan's parents' house for dinner and opened presents.

Christmas day was nice - we opened presents (I got an iPad!!)and relaxed and that evening it was my turn to host dinner. I cooked a turkey and several side dishes and Ryan's parents and his brother came over for dinner.

Our New Years Eve was low-key so that the kiddos could be involved. We put out some snacks (including these cute cookie pops that Libby and I made!) and some friends came over.



















And now here we are...two days before Libby's TENTH birthday!! Wow, how did she get so old so fast??

No comments: