Friday, January 30, 2009

How fabulous is my friend Tanja?

I received my birthday present from my friend Tanja today. I'm surprised the woman even remembered my birthday - much less got around to getting me a present. Tanja is the proud mom of two (teething!) six-month old twin boys, a 6 year old son, a 7 year old son, and a 10 year old son. Yes, for those of you who may be slow with the math today that adds up to F.I.V.E sons!!! Yes, the woman is busy. But not only is she busy but she has just proven herself to be beyond fabulous. She lives in Kansas with her happy family and I actually haven't seen her in like almost nine years but she still pays very close attention to me. She emailed me earlier this week that she sent out my birthday present so I kept checking my mail anxiously waiting to see what I received because she was being a little mysterious about the whole thing. Today when I got home from work I checked my mail and among the pieces of mail was something from Strawberry Tea Room - my favorite Tea Room that happens to be not too far from Gainesville. I was thinking, "That's weird, I'm sure that has to do with my birthday but I don't ever recall giving Strawberry Tea Room my birthday information before." I go inside and open the envelope and it's a gift certificate for me to the Tea Room from Tanja!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Are you kidding me?!? That is so unbelieveably sweet of her to pay that much attention to me! :-) So, thank you Tanja! You are fabulous!!!!!

2 comments:

tanja said...

...omg! now i'll have to grease my head up with vaseline so i'll fit through the door! you're welcome...and you didn't have to dedicate a whole blog entry to me :)

Kristina Muzzey said...

How sweet! I think it was you, Leslie, that once mentioned that our family isn't always the one that we are blood related to. Tanja, how awesome are you? Btw - please tell me you get a girls night every once in a while - 5 Boys!?