Monday, March 16, 2009

...and by the way....

Tonight it was bed time for Libby so I was laying down with her as she drifted off to sleep. She was still for a moment and then quickly turned to me and excitedly said, "And by the way Mommy, I'm going to be goth!!" "WHAT??" I shrieked. She paused for a moment trying to figure out why my response sounded more like horror than the pure excitement that she expected. She continued, "I'm going to wear black lipstick, black fingernail polish, and dye my hair black with a little bit of purple!" I asked her what inspired this and she said that she thinks people will like it if she looks goth. I told her there was no way I was letting her do those things! She sat quiet for a second and said, "That's okay, I'll just wait until I'm 19 and then I can do whatever I want." Ugh.

1 comment:

Kristina Muzzey said...

LOL, I am picking myself off the floor where I landed when I fell out of my chair laughing at this! And so it starts... My friend Liz just had to deal with her 11 year old daughter piercing her own nose! *sigh* why do these children have to grow up so fast? And where on earth did she learn that over 18 means that she can do what she wants?