Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Lunch

Libby is notorious for coming home after school with things that I packed for her lunch still in her lunch bag...like carrots, grapes, yogurt, and sometimes even her sandwich, but somehow the little piece of chocolate I include in her lunch is eaten every single day without fail. It turns out that Libby's friends love to share their chips, cookies, brownies, etc, with Libby and so she eats that and she tells me that she doesn't "have enough time" to eat the healthy things that I pack for her. I've had to start getting stern with her about eating what I pack for her at lunchtime and not the junk her friends bring to school. Yesterday we got home and she dropped her lunch bag off in the kitchen. I opened it to clean it out and her entire lunch (minus the strawberries that I sent with her) was all still in her bag!! I called her into the kitchen ready to start dishing out some punishment. However, it turns out that yesterday she got to go have lunch in the library for being a Sunshine State Young Reader! Each year a new set of book titles are chosen and if you read three or more of those books you qualify as a Sunshine State Young Reader and at her school if you qualify as a SSYR at the end of the year you have a special lunch. They served them pizza, popcorn, cake and all sorts of other goodies. Luckily, Libby's best friend also qualified this year so they went to the lunch together and got to sit by each other. Only about 25 students in Libby's entire school qualified for the lunch yesterday so I'm pretty proud of her! :-)

On Thursday night we'll be heading to her school at 6:30pm for an Evening with the Arts. She will be included in the music program where she'll play her recorder and she will also have some art displayed in the art portion of the evening! My little girl is something else!!

No comments: